If you’re like me, you probably lost your mind and ate too much over the 4th of July holiday. It’s even worse when holidays fall in the middle of the week because we can’t decide which long weekend to celebrate so we end up hitting backyard BBQs all week long. We ate hotdogs, cheeseburgers, old-fashioned ice cream, pie, fish tacos, custard, Italian ice, triple berry bread pudding, tequila lime bars, iced lattes,…ugh. It wasn’t all bad but I’m not going anywhere near a scale for a minute. I feel bloated, sluggish, and off.
Holidays are festive and these things happen. OK, so our diet drove off a cliff. Now what?
Everyone is different but I can’t wait to get back on track as soon as possible. Back to the lab! I’m doing an Intermittent Fast to make a comeback. This program has worked for me in the past. My goals for the next two weeks are to flush my digestive system, shed a few pounds, get control of my hunger, and restore nutritional balance.
- 7am – 2 cups of water, Omega-3s
- 8am – 4 cups of water, 1 serving of Green SuperFood, 1 cup green tea
- 11am – 1 cup of green tea
- 12pm – workout (lift or sprints)
- 1st meal at 1pm (clean, whole foods, lots of vegetables, and fruits)
- 2nd meal at 4:30pm (protein shake)
- 3rd meal by 8:30pm (clean, whole foods, lots of vegetables, and fruits)
*Based on Precision Nutrition’s IF program
Whatever you do to get back on track, just know that it’s ok if you’re not perfect. No one is. Food is meant to be enjoyed. And on the occasion when we overindulge we can always make a dietary comeback. So don’t be so hard on yourself. Get back up and dust yourself off. Holler if you need help.
I’ll see you out there!